5 Social Media Techniques to Implement During the Holidays
As the holiday season approaches, now is a great time to focus your social media efforts on engaging with your community, trying new things and getting a headstart on your new year’s marketing goals! We know it’s a busy time for businesses, so we’ve created a quick guide to help you get a kickstart on your holiday social media planning.
- Engage your audience in new ways – Maybe it’s changing up the look of your feed to have a holiday border, or adding some fun trivia, games or questions to connect with your followers. Engaging with your followers however you may choose, builds community and sets you apart from other brands.
- Run unique sales/promos early – With more competition during this time, it never hurts to start getting the word out about your promotions sooner rather than later. This way, you can target the early shoppers and keep them coming back for more throughout the season!
- Try out giveaways/contests – Engage your followers with something they can get involved with and excited about. Maybe you offer a new product in a bundle of things they can win or a contest for the best holiday recipe. Whatever it is, have fun with it and keep your followers updated on the winner(s).
- Implement video into your content strategy – We know it can seem overwhelming, but if you don’t already, try to include some video when you can. A good start could be creating quick stories or reels of fun holiday events in the office or some of your best-selling holiday products/services. Video has become one of the best ways to get and keep your viewer’s attention!
- Show your personality – Don’t be afraid to have some fun and show your personality! Snap some photos of your staff costume contest, a holiday get-together or celebrations at home with family. It’s also a good opportunity to share how your company gives back to its community this time of year, through charities or other local events. It’s the giving season, and people love to see that holiday spirit from their favorite accounts!
This time of year can often feel hectic, but with a social media content plan, that’s one thing checked off your list! We hope this guide has given you some inspiration to connect with your audience in new ways and have some fun with your social media this holiday season.
By Leah Cummings
Social Media Account Rep